2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Westlake Gavin's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Westlake Gavin's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Westlake Gavin at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Westlake Gavin's web site are provided "as is". Westlake Gavin makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Westlake Gavin does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Westlake Gavin or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Westlake Gavin's Internet site, even if Westlake Gavin or a Westlake Gavin authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Westlake Gavin's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Westlake Gavin does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Westlake Gavin may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Westlake Gavin does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Westlake Gavin has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Westlake Gavin of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Westlake Gavin's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Unsolicited Idea & Manuscript Submission Policy
Westlake Gavin (and its imprints) do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas or manuscripts, including ideas for new series, new boosk, new promotions, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, artwork, suggestions or other works in any form to Westlake Gavin or any of its employees. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Westlake Gavin’s books or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Westlake Gavin. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of what your communication states, the following terms shall apply to your submissions.
Terms of Submission
You agree that:
- Your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of Westlake Gavin, without any compensation to you.
- Westlake Gavin may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way.
- There is no obligation for Westlake Gavin to review the submission.
- There is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.
Westlake Gavin does, however, welcome your feedback. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us using the contact form found on our websites. Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Westlake Gavin shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.